Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome Summer


 Hi - I've been away from my blog for a long time - it's hard to believe it's been almost 6 weeks since my last post. Bad, Chris, bad, bad Chris. I'm posting this old painting because I don't have anything new to show. I call this one Santa Fe Wall with Gate, it's 6.5 feet x 4.5 feet. I'm very proud of this ode to the mural.

I'm still plugging away on 2 paintings, a 12"x12" and a 30"x40", but I'm stuck so decided to let them stew for awhile until my way becomes clear again. Since they're both on easels in my garage I look at them every day and have some ideas - then life gets in the way and I can't find painting time. I realize this is most likely a lame excuse, some people like Carol Marine blow me away with their dedication - painting every day. I supposed that even with a full time job, parents, in-laws, and friends who appreciate visits - if I was determined I'd find time to paint, but there you go.

These weeks haven't been wasted, I've been studying energy medicine as I'm becoming interested in taking responsibility for my own wellness. And, I've just started an online writing class. Whether or not I can write I really love doing it. Sometimes I worry about not being able to focus my energy in one area, like painting, it always seems that there are so many things I want to do - then I think "why not?" Life is short, if you want to write, or make quilts, or read lots of books, or whatever - go for it. Don't worry, be happy! Great words to live by in my humble opinion.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Thank you for inviting me to visit your blog. I remember this 'old' painting from your 'old' Palomar webpage. It it is still beautiful. The colors are even more vivid with the blog background.

I hope you continue to 'stew' with your painting and in your writing. Artistic expression is an amazing tool for healthy living. Marlene (mgf) Forney