Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photography by Steve Bundy

New Mexico Morada

Oceanside Palms

Cold Drinks

My husband Steve is a photographer and I'm not just being a good wife when I say that his talent is impressive. He has a great eye, his compositions are compelling, and the use of black and white conveys a wonderful feeling. His work is fairly new and he's getting lots of exciting feedback from some very important people. I expect that his first show in a museum or art gallery is immenient.

His success is so much fun - I'm enjoying it as much as he is. He has allowed me to share a few of his photos (above) and I hope that if you're interested in seeing some great images you'll take a minute and
visit his blog and his web site .

As far as my own creative pursuits are concerned I'm currently working on a 48x30 landscape that I'm excited about. I underpainted the entire canvas with a rose shade of red, then drew in the rough layout and have the middle ground blocked in. If you paint too I'm sure you know how much fun it is to watch the painting emerge from the background and take on a life of its own.

Hey, is it just me or is anyone else feeling slightly overwhelmed realizing that the holiday season is upon us once again? :o) Work and family obligations are cutting into my studio time but I hope to get back out there soon.

No comments: