Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finished Avocados


Here are my three mammoth avocados - finished I'm very happy to say. Each one individually is 48"x36" I intend to frame each one and hang the grouping together. I prefer gold leaf frames or plain black simple frames. I'm hoping I can find a 5" black frame with a thin gold edge around the inside so the black wouldn't be directly against the painting - the painting would be edged with the gold line and then into the wide black surround of the frame. We'll see what I can find and what I can afford as each frame will be costly I'm sure at that size. :o) That's what I get for painting so large. :o)

I've got a few ideas for my next project - I have one more 48x36 canvas out in the garage and I've got an idea for a landscape painting rolling around inside my head so maybe I'll start on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

These are awesome, especially their size!

Susan Carlin said...

Awesome is RIGHT. You might look on Dick Blick at their Simplon frames. Sounds like what you might be looking for. Hooray for you!!!