Monday, October 6, 2008

Beautiful Taos, New Mexico

Photo by Steve Bundy
Just had to post this picture of the view from the overlook when you first arrive in the vicinity of Taos, New Mexico. The last couple of days have been cloudy and stormy and as we could see this afternoon left the first snow of this season in the higher elevations. We took a drive to enjoy the beautiful sky, the aspen trees turning yellow and all the fall colors in the mountains.

I believe this picture shows how beautiful the sky in northern NM is, what incredible clouds there are. New Mexico definitely has the corner on beautiful clouds. I took lots of photos and even sketched some quick drawings and have lots of ideas for new paintings. As much as I hate to think about leaving and heading back to CA - I'm looking forward to getting back into the studio and picking up those brushes.

2 comments:

smatanane said...

My husband and I just left Taos Saturday for our vacation. We are from Oklahoma City and Taos is such a beautiful change of scenery. We took the untraditional way home through Angel Fire, Eagle's nest, ect...what a sight to see. The trees are amazing;) What a blessing it must be to live there.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment. I have to agree with you - it is beautiful here. I haven't been back east to see the fall colors, but the mountains here with the changing Aspen trees are sure beautiful. Thanks for looking at my blog - I appreciate that you took the time to write.