Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Worthwhile Books

I've just added an Amazon.com widget to my blog with some of the books on art and creativity that are meaningful to me.  I heard about these books from other artists and thought it would be worthwhile to pass them along to you.  Two of my favorites are The War of Art about why we procrastinate and how to motivate yourself to get out to the easel.  And, The Oil Painters Bible - a simple little spiral bound book that I truly love.  I keep my copy on the table where I have my palette, right next to my easel and find that I refer to it often while painting, especially if I need a quick reminder on mixing a specific color or a certain technique that I can't quite remember. In my opinion, The Oil Painters Bible is worth it's weight in gold.

If you have an interest in good books on art I hope you'll check some of these out, and if you do, I hope they prove to be as useful and meaningful to you as they have been to me.

No comments: