Friday, December 10, 2010

The Sunflower

The Sunflower
6"x8"
Oil on panel

The good news is that I've been doing a lot of painting lately but haven't finished anything to post - except for this one.  Actually, I started this a long time ago and in my frustration with another painting noticed this one sitting forgotten in the corner of my studio and decided to see what I could do with it.

Its exciting to me because sunflowers are my favorite flowers and this is the first one I've attempted to paint that has turned out well.  When I went to work on it yesterday the background colors were very different.  I decided to add the complimentary color to yellow, which is purple, and I believe that the various shades of purple really work.  

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Que ce tournesol nous apporte le soleil... Ici en France l'hiver s'est installé...
Bisous

Jay said...

J'aime beaucoup les tournesols, trop. Cela s'est avéré très agréable! Je suis heureux que vous êtes toujours la peinture et la belle vie. Ces commentaires doivent être en français?

Unknown said...

Merci. Je vous remercie pour vos aimables paroles.

Jay, vous pouvez parler anglais si vous voulez.