Sunday, October 4, 2009

Aerial View - Ranchos Church


16x20 Oil on Canvas
Painted from a photo by Lenny Foster
with his permission

Lenny Foster is a very talented photographer who lives in Taos, NM.  He's also one of my Facebook
friends and when he recently posted his photo of this unique view of the famous church in Ranchos de Taos,
I got up my nerve and emailed asking for permission to paint his image.  He very graciously gave his permission and here is the work in progress.
I like it in this state but I'm thinking that it might need more work in the background mountain area.
I'm just not sure and have decided to live with it for awhile and wait for it to tell me if it needs any more work.  I want to leave it loose, since the church is the main focus I don't want to get carried away with the background. 

As you know if you follow my blog I haven't painted in awhile and it sure felt good to
pick up those brushes and muck around in the paint.

No comments: