Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Holidays - 2007

Ok, I know, I know - how much can I use this image - but I LOVE this church. And this view of the back. How can you not love the shapes, the organic roundness of the old adobes? Not to mention the warm and earthy colors of the dirt. So I decided to photoshop the wreath to add some holiday spirit and use it for our Christmas card this year. Don't you love technology? I sure do. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and isn't too stressed out over the impending holiday season. :o)

By the way, I've just discovered www.mpix.com - a sight where you can have your images turned into just about anything, calendars, cards, gallery stretched canvas prints to name just a few. Reasonable prices too and fast delivery.

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Is this an actual church or is this a huge rock formation that is named a church?

Unknown said...

It is an actual church. It's the San Francisco de Asis Church in Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico. It's made of adobe (mud and straw) and (I think) it's very beautiful because of its rounded, organic shapes. The walls are very thick and the big bumps on some of the corners are called buttresses and help to hold the building up. The church is very old - if you're interested you can google the name of the church and you'll find lots of information. Georgia O'Keefe, among others loved to draw and paint this building.

laixinjie said...

goooooooooooood post!!!
https://customef.com